Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Chewels

Remember that nasty-ass gum in the 80's called Chewels? It tasted ok for the first .4 seconds until you got to the liquid center that squirted out onto your newly-sealed teeth. I remember chewing my first piece while on the Mann playground. I was climbing on top of the metal box that sat on the blacktop. Andrew Callanan hit his forehead on the corner of the box and needed stitches from it. It wasn't very safe and I have no idea who decided to keep it there. In any event, I was almost to the top when I bit into the gum and nearly died, it tasted so awful.

I'm having a pretty productive day. could be the massive amounts of Diet Coke in my system, but more than likely it's because I am so incredibly thrilled that I am not running a retail store right now. I'm motivated to get my school work done. I got to enjoy my Thanksgiving like the rest of fat America, eating more and more and more and watching lots of movies at AJ's parent's house. It was nice.

Yes, I have a ton of work to get done before the semester is over on December 15th. But no matter how much I have, there is an end in sight. A "vacation" in sight. A time to recuperate, maybe send out holiday cards, wrap presents all nice-like, and sit on my ass. I cried every single Christmas from 1999-2004. Every one. At some point in the day my exhaustion would set in. I'd realize that as much as I was enjoying myself, I had to be at the store at 6 am the next day. The day would be long, I'd be tired, and rinse and repeat. It really became too much.

Anyway, on that note I should get back. Pop in a Juicy Fruit like the 1980's commercial where all of a sudden the gum makes you DO THINGS and get to it.

the rythym is gonna get you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home