Thursday, January 12, 2006

warm air makes....

today is insanely warm. especially for january. mossy & i had a nice run this morning by the charles, and i had to keep pinching myself, because it didn't feel like january. i didn't really pinch myself, especially because my skin is itchy. my skin is itchy because i am allergic to the bamboo scented lotion from the body shop. i guess it's a damn good thing i'm not a panda. although if my baby pictures could be as cute as the ones of baby pandas, i'd probably sacrifice the human need for satiated skin, and settle for an itchy mess. my arms were itching so much in class last night. i wrote a note to my friend alex, sitting next to me, complaining of my itchy arms but also trying to dissuade her some from thinking it was odd that my hands were up the sleeves of my sweater and i was furiously scratching myself. she turned around and went into her bag moments after reading my note. she emerged with cortaid. as much of a relief as it was to have cortaid (i tried to re-enact the 80's cortaid commercial, but to no avail) i thought it odd that alex had cortaid in her bag. when i wrote her another note, this time asking her why she had cortaid in her bag, she wrote back "i had poison ivy over the summer." ok, well it's january. but without even realizing it, i created a fabulous segue into why i am really writing today.

it's downright hot outside (50 degrees F) and there are fucking whack jobs all over the place. talking to each other. screaming. one man had his head buried in his hands sobbing. another was asking for money so he could play basketball. it felt so serene, i was convinced the babies out in droves were going to start talking to each other. leg warmers and vans were very trendy today, especially when paired with very short skirts. in any event, as much as i truly love this weather, i am very used to a hermit-like existence in january. when i walk through central square i of course expect to hear some yelling, a "fuck you" here and there, and smell piss. it doesn't matter what the day, hour, season, second or solstice it is--those are givens. however, it slightly unnerved me, to the point where i have been feeling like jake gyllenhaal in "the day after tomorrow" only it's not nyc, i'm not in the public library, i don't look mopey like a puppy, and i don't date a girl with chicklets for teeth.

1 Comments:

Blogger boo. said...

you are so funny. please write every day.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home