Friday, September 01, 2006

Apparently it's Motown Friday

Sitting at my 'puter just now (8:40 am) when I hear "She's some kinda wonderful/yes she is" loudly blaring outside my window. For a brief nanosecond I lapse into Lloyd Dobler land and I think maybe, just maybe, AJ is standing outside of our window holding a massive boom box and wearing a trench, playing that song for me "just cuz." obviously I had not finished my coffee yet so a major lapse in judgement was had. oh no, this was a Cambridge WORKS employee driving up to remove the temporary no parking signs from the street because now our new neighboors have moved in. So of course I get up from my chair (coffee in hand) to watch this shit go down. not only is this song BLASTING, but he wants everyone to know about it. the construction men working on the condo next door to me that I'll never afford--he keeps looking at them as he walks everso slowly to remove the ONE lone sign hanging on a post. the slight red haired lady walking in the street instead of on the sidewalk? he looks at her too. he wants to make sure that she knows, as well as the rest of the Cambridge community, that he works FOR the works, dammit and if he wants to play motown so loudly that my windows shake, so be it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home